Visa for Japan
!IMPORTANT NOTICE!Japan Visa Information Hotline: ＋971-800-032-1271 (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Calls will be answered in English).
Inquiries about eVisa status are not accepted.
Japan eVisa Website
General Points of Applying for an eVISA
Applicants can apply for a VISA online. For tourism purpose with single entry.
It takes about 4 weeks to issue an e-visa now.
Online payments of the visa fees. Click here.
・Group trip (School & University) Click here.
○Forms for the application: schedule of stay English (Sample)
Eligibility to make a reservation: excludes eVisa applicants.
From 8 November 2022, prior appointment made through our online appointment booking should be required to visit the consular offices.
Please note that walk-ins are strictly prohibited for visa application submission without a token number.
If you are boarding an aircraft arriving in Japan after midnight Japan time on April 29, valid vaccination certificate or pre-departure test is not required. (click)
1. Cases that do not require visas
2. The acceptable categories of visa applications
※For UAE diplomatic and official passport holders, please click here.
▶ New handling regarding the period of validity of the certificate of eligibility
3. Forms for the application(1) Application form for visa (Applicant's Original Signature is required) English (Sample English)
(2) Application form for visa waiver (Applicant's Original Signature is required) For UAE nationals ※photo is not required
(3) Itinerary in Japan form Japanese English ( Sample )
(4) Letter of reason for invitation Japanese English
(5) Letter of guarantee Japanese English
(6) List of visa applicants form Japanese English (When there are two or more applicants)
(7) Form of Overview of the Company/Organization Japanese English
(8) Multiple visa request letter for UAE nationals Other nationals
4. Who are eligible to apply for visa at our consulate?
The Consulate General of Japan in Dubai is authorized to issue a visa to following nationals and residents.
(1) UAE nationals and other nationals with residential status in the emirates of Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah.
※ Those applicants who reside in the emirates of Abu Dhabi (including Al Ain) must apply for a visa at the Embassy of Japan in the United Arab Emirates in Abu Dhabi.
(2) Residents (including its citizen and foreigner) of Afghanistan, Syria, Yemen and Sudan.
5. General information
28th Floor, Dubai World Trade Center, Sheikh Rashid Tower 【MAP】
Visa application: 8:00-12:00 (MON-THU), 8:00-11:00 (FRI) (During Ramadan: 8:00-11:00)
Visa collection: 12:00-15:00 (MON-THU) (During Ramadan: 11:00-13:00)
※No Visa collection on Friday, in principle.
At least 1 week or more.
※Kindly apply at your earliest convenience
■Visa Fees for 2023
Fees must be paid in cash on collection day. We do not accept cheque or credit/debit cards.
6. Criteria of visa issuance
A Japanese visa will be issued to an applicant when he/she meets all of the following requirements and if the issuance is considered to be appropriate.
(1) The applicant possesses a valid passport and is entitled to the re-entry to a country of his/her nationality or a country of his/her residence.
(2) UAE residence visa must be valid upon returning from Japan.
(3) All submitted documents are authentic, completed and satisfactory.
(4) The applicant do not fall under any of the items of Article 5, Paragraph 1 of the Immigration Control Act.
(5) The activities to be engaged in Japan/ the civil status or the position of the applicant/ the period of stay meet the requirements for the status of residence and the period of stay stipulated in the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act.
(Cabinet Order No.319 of 1951. Hereinafter referred to as the "Immigration Control Act")
7. Transfer of valid visa to a new passportWhen you get a new passport issued due to the following reasons, you can transfer your valid Multiple-entry & Single Temporary Visitor visa from an old passport to a new one.
(1) A passport has been expired or renewed
(2) A passport has been damaged or stained
(3) There is no sufficient pages
Procedure of visa transfer 【English】
※In case of having a passport lost or stolen passport, you are required to apply for a new visa.
8. InquiriesPlease look at the “Frequent Asked Questions” before contacting us.
(Note) We cannot give you the specific reason of the visa rejection.
Japan Visa Information Hotline: ＋971-800-032-1271 (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Calls will be answered in English).
9. Japanese immigration information(1) Loss of a residence card (Zairyu card)
Please contact to Japanese immigration information center.
Japanese Consulate is not authorised to handle such matter regarding immigration.
■Immigration Information Center
Tel: +81-3-5796-7112 (International call)
Weekdays (Mon-Fri) between 8:30 to 17:15
List of regional information centers in Japan
(2) Extension of the period of validity of the re-entry permit (Not applicable for special re-entry permit system)
If a foreign national who departs Japan after acquiring a re-entry permit and is unable to return to Japan due to unavoidable reason can apply, even after the period of validity of the re-entry permit expires, for an extension of the re-entry permit's period of validity at the Japanese Embassy or Consulate-General.
※ The period of stay cannot be extended at the Japanese Embassy or Consulate-General
(3) Foreign national coexistence policies (English) (Japanese)
Holding VALID Residence card (ZAIRYU-Card) and Re-entry permit
From September 7th 2022, all travelers who can present a valid vaccination certificate showing they’ve received 3 doses of a COVID‑19 vaccine will not be required to present a PCR test negative certificate.
If not applicable, a negative COVID-19 test result conducted within 72 hours of your departure time is required.
●Immigration Service Agency of Japan
●Valid Format of “Certificate of Negative Test Result”
Holding EXPIRED Residence card or obtained Re-Entry permission or Special re-entry permission
(1) Foreign national residents who departed from Japan with「Re-Entry permission」or 「Special Re-Entry permission」, and expired Residence card (ZAIRYU-Card), please contact Immigration Service Agent of Japan directly whether you can return Japan with them.
■Immigration Information Center
Tel: +81-3-5796-7112 (International call)
(2) Foreign national resident departed from Japan with「Re-Entry Permission」and had expired its validity, under certain circumstances, application for extension of validity may be accepted at the Consulate. Please send us the following documents by email for clarification.
＊「Special Re-entry permission」cannot apply for extension.
- Re-Entry Permission page
- Residence card (ZAIRYU-Card)(Front & back)
(3) Foreign national resident departed from Japan before 29th April 2020 with「Re-Entry Permission」or「Special Re-entry permission」which had expired, however, if you are holding Residence card (ZAIRYU-Card) with one of the following resident status「Permanent Resident」,「Designated Activity (Non-Notified) 」,「Long-Term Resident (Non-Notified) 」, you can apply exceptionally for Japan visa for returning to Japan, despite of expiration of Re-Entry/Special Re-entry permission validity.
(*Applicable for 6months after the Japanese restriction is lifted )
Please send the following documents by email for application.
- UAE residence Visa
- Residence card (ZAIRYU-Card) (Front & back)
- Special Re-entry stamped ED card (Front & back)
- Japan visa application form (PDF)