A visit to the Consulate-General of Japan in Dubai needs an appointment in advance to keep social distances with other applicants. Otherwise, unscheduled visits may be declined.
(1) As of 27th December, the Consulate-General of Japan in Dubai has SUSPENDED accepting all visa applications, in principle.
(2) Acceptances of those visa applications resumed in the last October, such as for partial business or by the COE holder, have also been temporarily stopped .
(3) These measures will be implemented until further notice.
(4)Please consult individually via emails with the Consulate-General of Japan in Dubai, if you are bearing a Diplomatic Passport or an Official/Special Passport, or if you are in a special circumstance requires an urgent visit to Japan. For example, you are a spouse or child of a Japanese national and need to visit Japan for humanitarian reasons.
(5) Any inquiries regarding Japan visa application, please contactJapan Visa Information Hotline. (from UAE, 24 hours / 7 days a week, English only). Tel: 800-03-5770-120
■Residence card (ZAIRYU-Card), Re-Entry Permit, Certificate of Eligibility
(1)From 1st November 2020, all foreign nationals with the status of residence (ZAIRYU-Card) with a valid Re-entry Permit, will not need to obtain a letter from Japanese Embassy/Consulate.
(2)Please be noted that a certificate of the COVID-19 negative result of pre-entry testing conducted within 72 hours of the departure time of your flight is still needed when re-entering.
(3) Please see below link for the valid format of the “certificate of negative test result”.
Format : https://www.mofa.go.jp/ca/fna/page25e_000334.html